Obama Drama

It is not my intention to make this blog about politics. But I do live in DC and politics is one of my interests so from time to time, there may be a very lighthearted blog about the political world!

Maybe it's just me, but this election, particularly on the Democratic side has had enough drama for a Lifetime movie! From the beginning, the very fact that two historical candidates (a woman and an African American) both had a chance at winning the nomination, setting the party up for a historical campaign and presidential election. The primary came down to the wire with plenty of twists and turns. Then came the ironic "bringing the party together" rally in a town called Unity, NH. Maybe a little over the top- but they had a point to make, right?

Now we're just over 2 months from the election and we still don't know the running mate for either side! So the suspense continues and we're awaiting an exciting text message with our answer (because a regular 'ole press conference type announcement just wouldn't do!)

To up the drama factor Sen. Obama will officially accept the party's nomination on the 45th anniversary of Martin Luther King's famous "I Have a Dream" speech on August 28th. Just perfect!

This could not have been written any better! What could the next two months hold?
This is much better than watching any Stories (Soap Operas)! I'll be sitting by my cell and on the edge of my seat, waiting for a fairytale ending!

UPDATE: So we obviously know who all the VP picks are now. Just wanted to add that McCain's choice in Gov. Palin definitely thickens the plot! Happy Campaign Season!

3 comments:

  1. It is crazy! But I'm just over it. I wanted to know who the veeps would be yesterday. By now I'm just tired of reading in the paper everyday "is today the day?"

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK - so, we now know Obama's veep pick!!

    One more to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Biden got picked...and he's a good pick. Have you been watching the convention? SO far both Michelle Obama and Hillary CLinton have given very good speeches. And Ted Kennedy didn't just show up--he SPOKE! Very moving. I'm watching roll call now...and it makes me wish I could be there! I am a politics-dork. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin