Happy Fall

The day has finally come! The official start of the new fall TV season!

The Emmy Award Show last night was the perfect pep rally for all the new TV starting this week. I did NOT enjoy the host format of the last night's show. They had 5 different hosts- the nominees for the first ever category of Best Reality Show Host. The "reveal" of the winner of this category was clever and funny though. They took a combination of the catch phrases from each of the reality shows and even made the hosts sweat it out over a commercial break before they announced the winner.

30 Rock and Mad Men were the big winners. I was glad to see John Adams (HBO) win Best Miniseries and Paul Giamatti, who played John Adams, win Best Actor in a Miniseries. John Adams is lengthy, but totally worth watching if you enjoy history or learning about the founding of our country!

I've wanted to watch Mad Men, but missed the first season so I'm adding it to my Netflix list.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't stay awake for the whole Emmy's. Tina Fey made out though apparently. She rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was bored after the opening act.
    And I've hardly watched any of the shows that were up for nomination (other than Gray's.) I've seen John Adams too and the series should've won more in my opinion.

    Most importantly though, today is THURSDAY and you know what that means!!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin