I have a backlog of things to blog about so this is another one of those random smorgasbord postings.
1. Fantasy Football- I AM THE CHAMPION! I would love to share with you all the wisdom and knowledge of how I did this. I have learned a lot in the three seasons of play in our girls league called "How to Beat a Guy in 10 Days." But the absolute truth is...all you need is luck! It felt really good to win, after a frustrating season last year.
2. Book Praise for Straight Up and Dirty- I've already told everyone that would listen that his book rocked my newly single world. It was like therapy. I wish I could afford to buy multiple copies and send it to all of my friends. Special thanks to my roomie who let me read it first! I literally didn't want the book to end. It's a true memoir by a author (and blogger) Stephanie Klein. There are some comparison's of Klein to Carrie Bradshaw, but to me, Klein is even more endearing than Bradshaw since she's a real person and all! Klein has captured her dating, break-up, and self-discovery experience in a witty, humorous and truthful way. She says all the things that we all think, but don't know if it's normal to be thinking. And most of us certainly don't know how to express it in the way she's able to. I was laughing, thinking, reflecting, and crying.
I know that books like this are all about what you're going through and how you can relate to it at the time. A few times I had to put the book down because it was like reading some of my own thoughts. I loved it. For me, this book gets an enthusiastic 5 on the Sweet Tea Scale. Just like some perfect homemade sweet tea, this is EXACTLY what I needed!
3. TV- I rented part of the first season of Mad Men over the holiday weekend. Is anyone watching this show? I really enjoyed it and can't wait to see more!
A new show called Wake Up Call by He's Just Not That Into You author and comedian, Greg Behrendt, starts up this Thurs. at 10pm on SoapNet. I read this book a few years ago and found my copy while I was home over Christmas. I've been flipping through and reading it again. At first, I was like- "if only I took this advice the first time I read it!" Then, I started getting angry because it makes me feel like, well...He's Just Not That Into Me. And that kinda stinks. The movie version of the book is coming out in a few weeks and the previews look funny. I really hate that I'm all about these cheesy chick flicks these days...but I can't deny it!
I'm sure that's all the randomness you can handle for now. I hope everyone is having a Happy New Year so far!
Hi Thanks for stopping by for the Carolina Girl Rollcall. Totally hear ya, we lived in Reston Virginia for three years. :) Loved it but love it more to be back in the South - Carolina again. Keep in touch. Love your blog.
ReplyDeleteAccording to the Sweet Tea scale - your blog is 5star!
ReplyDeleteoooh, I'm very interested to see how Wake Up Call is. I remember when that book came out; it's very easy to find yourself in.
ReplyDeleteI forgot to say Congrats on winning the league Becky! Next year - I vote that we take a big step and start trading with each other! ; ) Congrats again!
ReplyDelete