I was inspired by a Southern Living article about planting strawberries. They made it look sooooooo easy. Their version was simply planting 3 strawberry plants in a metal colander and hang it up, letting the strawberry vines grow down the side of the container.
I already knew I wanted to plant some herbs in a window box container (had to get them off the ground so the dogs won'tbother destroy them.) So on a trip to Lowe's, I picked up these hanging baskets ($5 each) and a package of 10 strawberry plants ($4.) We'll see how it goes! Hopefully in a few months, we'll have fresh strawberry shortcake galore!
I already knew I wanted to plant some herbs in a window box container (had to get them off the ground so the dogs won't
On to the Herbs...
It's been 2 years since I had my first little garden. I missed it last year. So I'm getting an early start and planted Basil, Rosemary, Cilantro, and Oregano seeds ($5 for all the seeds) in these window-box type planters. It might be a tiny bit early to plant the herbs...but I can easily bring them inside if the weather gets too cold.
For more herb garden inspiration- how fun is this one....

Image (and building instructions) from Hubpages.com
or this one perfect for a small space...

Image from Apartment Therapy
No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't be shy! Leave a comment!