In keeping with the month's breast cancer theme, the following is an article that profiles my step-father and what he's doing in my hometown. So proud!
If you're in or know anyone in the Anderson area, the Concert of Hope benefit is this coming Saturday night. Click here for more info.
From Anderson Independent
The Storyteller: Hope in music
Conducting Concert of Hope is man’s legacy
By Charmaine Smith-Miles (Contact)
Sunday, October 19, 2008
In the middle of talking, a strange beeping sound interrupts this man’s conversation. He pauses to determine where the sound is coming from and then in a minute he has pulled the contraption out of his pants pocket. But it’s not a mobile phone, as expected.
It’s a pitch pipe — a small device that musicians often use as a reference for what key they should sing.
“That way I am never without a pitch,” Bob Heritage says, holding the little device that serves also as a key ring. “If I am singing and I don’t pick the right pitch, it could be embarrassing.”
“See, that’s what I mean,” his wife, Carla, says, her point made moments earlier proven. “This man oozes music. It’s in his little toe.”
That’s why seven years ago, she knew exactly who she would pitch a music idea to. Today, with her huge, bright brown eyes, she glances over at him.
Click here for the full article: http://www.independentmail.com/news/2008/oct/19/storyteller-hope-music/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's where I live! ;-)
ReplyDelete