Smorgasbord Orgasbord Orgasbord

I'm finally getting back to normal....Life and work have taken over the last 2 weeks and blogging took a back seat. So this posting is a smorgasbord of updates. (The word smorgasbord reminds me of a song, A Veritable Smorgasbord in a favorite childhood movie, Charlotte's Web. You know, when Templeton eats too much at the fair and rolls back to the farm.) I warned you this is a random post...




Blog News: First up, Breast Cancer Awareness Month! I'm sure you've noticed the new pink background in recognition of it. Stay tuned in the coming week when my mom will share her breast cancer story and I'll share some facts and prevention tips.

Weekend Fun: I had a great weekend with my sister visiting. All of the wedding events were great, but it was nice to just hang out for the sake of hanging out. There's something so grounding and comforting when spending time with the people that know you best. We had a relaxing weekend of shopping and catching up.

Shout Out: Some other exciting news from my friend and loyal Grits and Gossip reader, Stefanie. She got engaged over the weekend!!! Congrats, Stefanie!

Movies: I've seen two movies lately that need to be rated. Burn After Reading gets a 4 on the Sweet Tea Scale. It was funny and lighthearted. Nights of Rodanthe gets a disappointing 2. I blame my sister for this one. I thought Nicholas Sparks stories were more uplifting! At least the beach scenery was pretty.

TV: So far, so good with the new TV season. I don't have any new favorites...
Grey's seems back on track;
The Office is still hilarious and Jim's proposal was the sweetest;
Brothers and Sisters is as dramatic as ever;
Desperate Housewives is as quirky as ever;
Warren and Rocco have lived to dance another day on Dancing With The Stars;
Gossip Girl keeps twisting and turning.


Happy Hump Day!

3 comments:

  1. I want to see Burn After Reading too! And I thought the Office proposal was so cute also!

    Great to have lunch with you today, and thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved JIm's proposal. It was perfect. I watch way too much TV (see today's post for just a touch of proof), so, of course, it was like my real friends were getting engaged. And then Stefanie did...imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...I saw your post on TV and the Girls Next Door. I've watched it a few times and am just amazed at how those girls live. Hef's new girls will be interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin