No Pudge Brownies

My friend introduced me to these brownies over the weekend. Believe me- I was skeptical about the idea of tasty non-fat brownies. We've all tried things like this in hopes that it'll actually quench a craving without making us feel guilty. It usually ends up making us angry that we spend the time and money for a healthier version only to make us crave the real thing even more. Plus, S and I have experimented in the kitchen together and had a few flops. (I will never look at tofu the same again!) But she made a believer out of me with these brownies.

It's called No Pudge Brownie Mix and the trick is that all you add is nonfat vanilla yogurt. The batter is super thick when you're mixing it up. (I like to think this helped build some muscle.) Other than that, they're so easy to make. They look and smell like regular brownies and are tasty! I bought and made the regular fudge kind, but they also sale cappuccino, mint fudge, and raspberry fudge flavors. This is perfect for a sweet craving without the guilt and will be a staple in my cabinet from now on!

9 comments:

  1. ok, seriously i am looking at your profile pic thinking why in the world would you ever even worry about no pudge. second, i love you for trying this...and i might have to do it myself...because sister, i have some pudge! thanks for stopping by my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting. I've never seen this before. Where did you buy the mix from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No pudge, huh? I may need to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

    Those sound really good, I'll have to give them a try!

    Good luck on coping with Eastern winters. SHIVERS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! I'm visiting from SITS. :)

    Brownies are seriously my biggest sweets weakness, so no-pudge makes them even more tempting! Where do you find this mix?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got the mix at Harris Teeter, but there's a list on the website of places that carry it. Enjoy!

    Thanks for checking out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey that's too fun! We lived in Reston, Virginia three years recently. Loved it! It was fun to be 14 miles from D.C.! We did so much in the City.

    We've been eating NoPudge for a few years. Aren't they the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found you from the SITS blog!
    That looks like a winner to me - I wonder if I can get them down here in the South?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I came across the mix this weekend at Trader Joe's and immediately bought it!
    I bought low-fat yogurt by mistake (it was Organic though) and the brownies turned out amazing! They are so good! And they were so easy to make.
    No need to buy regular fattening brownies anymore. Thanks for introducing them to me. They'll be a new staple in my home.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin