Movie Bug

Did you watch the Oscars? I watched as long as I could...but fell asleep before it ended. There has been so much buzz about all of the great movies this year, and I definitely caught the movie bug last night. I told you a few weeks ago how much I enjoyed Slumdog Millionaire and am happy it won! I hope I can catch some of the other Oscar favorites in the next few weeks. Maybe it's the cold weather, or all the reruns on TV lately, but I'm in the mood to watch some movies!

I recently saw a piece highlighting actress Amy Adams on CBS Sunday Morning (a weekly must for me.) Love Her!

I've only seen her in two movies, Enchanted and Charlie Wilson's War. She was nominated for Oscars for her supporting roles in Doubt this year, and in Junebug in 2006. Junebug is now on my Netflix list. (Yes, after a 6 months hiatus, I broke down and rejoined Netflix. Just too many movies I want to see!) Adams is starring in two movies I'm looking forward to this year:

Sunshine Cleaning- This movie was presented at this year's Sundance Festival and is brought to us from the producers of Little Miss Sunshine. It's a story of a single mom trying to make some money to pay for her son's tuition. She joins her sister for a business venture and ends up with a lesson in following their dreams. (I know...sounds sappy, but right up my ally!) It's coming out in March.



Julie and Julia- Based on the book by Julie Powell, a twenty-something decides to spice up her life by cooking one of Julia Child's recipes from Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Volume 1 everyday for a year. Powell blogged about it, turned that into a book, and now a movie! Amy Adams and Meryl Streep reunite and hopefully their chemistry from Doubt will carry over. I've also been wanting to read this book...I have until August to do so before the movie comes out.


1 comment:

  1. We finally joined Netflix, too. We were just paying too much going through Comcast On Demand. So, now I have a few more movies to add to my queue!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin