I'm going to just come out and say it- last week sucked! I try to keep things positive on here, which is one reason I decided not to blog more than I did last week...in the hopes that the black cloud would eventually blow over my head. My cell phone broke. My car broke- resulting in some expensive repairs. My vacation ended. I missed my family and all the fun we had. I returned to a weird work week. I still haven't seen Julie and Julia. Sounds like a bad country song, right? I was all around Out. Of. Sorts.
Don't get me wrong, I am grateful for an understanding boss that gave me no grief about having to come back to work a day late in order to tend to the car. I am grateful that the car was eventually fixed and I made it back safely. I am thankful that I got to catch up with some friends over the weekend. Seeeee- I am trying to be as optimistic as I can!
But yesterday, I was BEAT! I felt it when I woke up and decided right then that I wasn't going to do a thing all day. I pushed the cleaning, the errands, the laundry, and the gym to another day. I moved from my bed to the couch, which is where I stayed most of the day. I caught up on the new season of Real Housewives of Atlanta (I swear it's the only season of that show that I watch.) I also numbed my mind to the tunes of Nurse Jackie, US of Tara, and my roomate's Sex in the City DVDs.
A plus to having my roomates is that we've mastered the art of magazine sharing. Each of us has a few favorites that we buy and everyone benefits! I had People, Us Weekly, Glamour, and Real Simple to flip through.
I also geared up for last night's premier of Mad Men. It was the start of a really good TV week! Top Chef and Project Runway both start their new seasons this week! Time to set the TiVo! These shows should definitely tide me over until the end of September when TV is back in full swing.
So what else am I doing to snap me out of my post-vacation depression? Here is my 4 step plan for the week!
1. Jumping back on the wagon. I've neglected my diet and it's time to focus again!
Don't get me wrong, I am grateful for an understanding boss that gave me no grief about having to come back to work a day late in order to tend to the car. I am grateful that the car was eventually fixed and I made it back safely. I am thankful that I got to catch up with some friends over the weekend. Seeeee- I am trying to be as optimistic as I can!
But yesterday, I was BEAT! I felt it when I woke up and decided right then that I wasn't going to do a thing all day. I pushed the cleaning, the errands, the laundry, and the gym to another day. I moved from my bed to the couch, which is where I stayed most of the day. I caught up on the new season of Real Housewives of Atlanta (I swear it's the only season of that show that I watch.) I also numbed my mind to the tunes of Nurse Jackie, US of Tara, and my roomate's Sex in the City DVDs.
A plus to having my roomates is that we've mastered the art of magazine sharing. Each of us has a few favorites that we buy and everyone benefits! I had People, Us Weekly, Glamour, and Real Simple to flip through.
I also geared up for last night's premier of Mad Men. It was the start of a really good TV week! Top Chef and Project Runway both start their new seasons this week! Time to set the TiVo! These shows should definitely tide me over until the end of September when TV is back in full swing.
So what else am I doing to snap me out of my post-vacation depression? Here is my 4 step plan for the week!
1. Jumping back on the wagon. I've neglected my diet and it's time to focus again!
2. Gym. I must go to the gym no less than 3 times this week. (I'm saying this publicly in the hopes that you'll hold me accountable!)
3. Time with friends. I already have plans Wed. and Thurs. night to catch up with two of my faves!
4. See Julie and Julia this weekend.
Okay, so did you go to the gym three times??
ReplyDelete