Snowcation

snOMG, snomageddon, blizzaster, snobama, winter wallop, snowfecta, snoverkill, snopocolypse: the sequel.....whatever you want to call it, I've had enough!

Everyone knows by now that we (in the DC area) were SLAMMED last week by not one, but two huge snow storms. It started over the weekend and continued into last week. We couldn't get in to work for 4 days. If you count the weekend "snow days" that brings the snowed-in total to 6 1/2 days. A full week of preparing for the snow, thinking about snow, cleaning up from the snow, rinse and repeat.

Even my camera decided it had enough of snowy white pictures and decided to shut down. Thanks to my roommate for the snapshots from her camera! All of these were taken after the first big storm, before we were SO over it!

Seriously, it was above my knees....




Venturing out. All of that had to be shoveled....


Into piles taller than me....


I took advantage of a last minute flight to SC to get away from it all. And wouldn't you know, there was even snow in SC! The difference being that the SC snow was almost completely gone within 24 hours. Now THAT is how I prefer snow.

I flew back to DC this morning and there is still a LOT of snow on the ground. I think it will be with us until June. I'm coping with this record-breaking winter by dreaming of Spring. It can't get here fast enough!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! Thats insane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have survived! Years from now you will look back on this and tell wonderful stories about your "snoventures".

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin