Mother's Day

I know, it was yesterday. But I couldn't not do something on here! I am so blessed to have a great relationship with my mama. She's known to have a classic "Pollyanna" optimistic outlook on life. She's an inspiration, a constant support, and a great friend. I wasn't able to celebrate in person, so I'm still sending lots of love her way.

On the lighter side for the blog, and in line with my obsession with lists, here are a few of the many things I've learned from my mom.

Things I learned from my mom:

1. Everything tastes better when cooked in an old Lodge Cast Iron Skillet. (Yes, I capitalized it. I'm southern and the Iron Skillet is sacred.)

2. The secret to good southern food is lots of seasoning.

3. Never pass by a bell ringer at Christmas without giving something.

4. Haste makes Waste.

5. When you get the chance, Dance!

6. Be true to yourself.

7. Let the boy pay!

8. Always look for a good bargain.

9. It's okay to sometimes to smile pretty and bat your eyes to get something you want. (Especially when related to mechanics/car repair.)

10. The softer glow from table lamps is so much better than overhead lighting!
Happy Mother's Day!




2 comments:

  1. That's a very nice post. Hope your mom had a great Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's one of the best mother's day surprises I've ever had. I'm so proud of you Beck!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin