Which brings me to the latest event: the Ms. Willow Creek beauty pageant! My mom supplied most of the formal dresses since we have so many from proms, formals, and her own community theater performances. This particular dress was my prom dress junior year. And I can't think of any better use for it!!!

A little blurb about this pretty lady from my mom:
"Mrs. Ethel Roberts is a resident at Willow Creek Living Center in Iva, SC. She has endeared herself to the staff and residents since coming here a year ago. We have placed a quote by Mrs. Roberts on our wall as an inspiration to the work we do. The quote is "Good, better, best and may we never rest until the good is better and the better is best". When she was getting ready for the pageant she told us that she felt like a princess. Oh how I wish I could be this beautiful when I am 97."
This proves that we're NEVER to old to be a princess!
So sweet! I think I wore that dress to a formal I went to in college- ha! Love your blog Becky!
ReplyDeleteThank you for these sweet words. We do have a good time! BTW the pageant ended an hour and a half ago and Mrs. Roberts is still sitting outside her room - IN HER DRESS (sorry Becky you may have lost this one) and holding her roses in her left arm and her trophy in her right. Now that's the way to live!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, she's so precious! Love the dress on her. Next time the residents sell their art work, let your readers know! I'm sure we'd all love to participate!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, that is SO beautiful. Way to go, Mom. My husband's grandma, who is 89 and who he has called Bum since he was a baby, still volunteers at the nursing home - because "those old folks need some company, honey."
ReplyDeleteP.S. The word verification captcha is "carapork". What kind of blog are you running here? :)
I love this story! So sweet!
ReplyDelete