Summer Days

Seriously....how is 2009 going by so fast? I have to get busy on my summer to-do list! I can probably go ahead and cross off anything to do with getting a tan b/c that doesn't seem to be in the cards for me. Oh well....it causes skin cancer anyway.

I hope everyone had a Happy 4th! This was my first 4th of July away from DC since I moved here 5 years ago. I went home to SC and had a busy 5 day "vacation." Going home is an interesting thing. When I graduated from college and moved to DC, I wanted little to do with going home during that first year. But eventually being away made me miss things and appreciate the pleasures of home. I guess it's that absence makes the heart grow fonder thing.

The weather was perfect for days at the pool/lake, and nights sitting outside with family and catching lightening bugs with the niece and nephew. I water skied for the first time in about 10 years. Turns out it was like riding a bicycle...I got up on my first try and didn't fall!

I didn't totally fall off my diet wagon, which is a major accomplishment when visiting the South. That is except for the 3 different kinds of homemade ice cream that I enjoyed! Sooooo good! I also came back with my favorite souvenir- my grandfather's home grown tomatoes! I hope to have some of my own from the garden I planted soon. We'll see how they compare.

I'm back in town for a busy few weeks at work, and am already counting down the days until the beach in August!

Some pics from my trip-

Visiting my grandparents while they camped at Oconee State Park....






Paddle Boating with my dad at the State Park....




Chillin with my niece and her awesome green cast....




Fun at the lake with the kiddos....


1 comment:

  1. It was so nice having you home. I enjoy reading your perspective.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin