Election 2008 = History

What an Election this has been! I wish I had some sort of clever and profound words to say. I have literally been speechless since 11:00 pm last night when Obama was named the next President of the United States. I'm soaking it all in and enjoying every moment of it.

I vividly remember 4 years ago, driving back to DC after campaigning for my team and loosing. The outlook for the democratic party was extremely grim. Never in my wildest dreams would I have believed what has happened this week.

Congrats to a great campaign and effort from Sen. McCain. He is a true American hero in every sense of the word. I have a tremendous amount of respect for him.

No matter what your political beliefs are, I hope that you appreciate and embrace the history that has been made. There is a lot of difficult work ahead to steer our country back on track. But today, it is a wonderful day to be an American.

2 comments:

  1. My heart is about to bust! As I watched the returns last night I was filled with hope. Let us all pray for our nation as we prepare for the hard work ahead.
    Your proud mother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so exhausted last night that I didn't stay up for most of it. So I plan to watch it all online tonight. haha!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin