I caught a few minutes of The View yesterday and Whoopi Goldberg went off on a tangent about how we've skipped right over Thanksgiving in anticipation for Christmas. I'll admit that our house is already decorated and I did sneak and listened to some Christmas music this week. But I don't want to be guilty of skiping Thanksgiving...it's a great holiday and I have so many things to be thankful for.
As I reflect on the last year, I've been blessed with many things. First and foremost I am so very grateful for the wonderful family and friends in my life. I cherish them all more than they know. But I'll save that for around the Thanksgiving table.
On a lighter side for the blog, I'm listing a few things that I'm grateful for right now and in the past year.
I'm thankful....
for my new brother-in-law!
that Beyonce decided to write a few songs for me (Single Ladies to name one of them!)
that DC bars and restaurants are smoke-free!
that the election is over! (And my guy won!)
that my car's AC was fixed (thanks mama!) Have you ever had to ride south in a car in 100+ degree heat for 8 hours while sitting on leather seats???? I have. And NEVER wish to again.
the new job that I got this year.
for Gossip Girl and Brothers and Sisters.
that I rescued my pearl earring when I dropped it down the bathroom sink...all by myself! (It was disgusting...ever taken apart the bathroom sink drain before? Grossest. Thing. Ever.)
that the National League won the world series (even if it wasn't my beloved Braves!)
that my fantasy team didn't suck this year even after loosing Tom Brady.
that I have a parking space and can drive to work. I don't miss anything about the cold/hot walk to the metro, fighting the crowd to get a seat, and dealing with rude people in the "germ factory."
that I started this blog!
that you're reading my blog!
I'd love to know what you're thankful for...leave it in the comment section to keep the list going!
I wish each of you the warmest wishes for a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.
XOXO
PS- Margaret and Helen's blog is hilarious today.
PPS- Don't miss Oprah's Favorite Things episode tomorrow. It's a little different this year as she's scaling back and sharing "affordable" gifts this time around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm thankful for:
ReplyDelete-Greg, Caleb, Sarah, Mom, Dad, Carla, Woody, Randy, Ryan, Lindsey, Becky, Ashley, Kyle, Michael, Mike, Sandy, Char, Rick, Ginny, Muffin....and a host of other family and friends I can't list.
-the best job in the entire world. Even on tough days.
-my home.
-my car.
-the fact that I only have one class meeting left before graduation from Graduate School.
-that I will be keeping score at the STMS basketball games soon!
-thoughts.
-food.
-clothes.
-my able body (although it needs to be smaller.)
-the fact that I read Margaret and Helen's blog and laughed hard!
-Buck and Shirley and their willingness to have about 20 people (give or take a few) at their house for Thanksgiving.
-the great pics of my family, and the fun times we had taking them.
Let's see. I'm thankful for:
ReplyDelete- A great boss that's letting me leave early today.
- My fiance! He's so amazing and I couldn't be luckier.
- Milo
- Fabulous, fabulous friends who mean the world to me.
- USC for giving me a Master's Degree.
- MPRI for my new job.
- SDI for the opportunity to work on ASY.
- Everything in my kitchen that allows me to cook (my favorite past time)
- The Food Network (haha!)
- and all the other things that I forgot to list.
Happy Turkey Day!
Oooh, I love the new background!!!
ReplyDelete