Grandparent's Day

I know what you may be thinking...this has to be one of those holiday's created by the greeting card industry. It's not one that I've typically "celebrated" in the past. Not because I don't love and appreciate my grandparents, but I never needed to set aside a day to recognize them.

I'm so blessed to know all 4 of my grandparents. They were a HUGE part of my life growing up. It somehow became our tradition to spend the night with them on Friday nights. Perhaps this was a clever babysitting tactic of my parents. But we LOVED it.

I'm not going to lie, like most grandparents, ours spoiled us just a little. For instance, my grandad used to take us to a convenience store, gave us a brown paper bag, and let us fill. it. up. with candy. I think my grandmother wanted in on this action, because she eventually stocked up on our favorite candy and created our very own candy drawer at their house. She'd get the big boxes from Sam's and since my sister and I had totally different tastes, we never even fought over it.

Before you think we were shallow, spoiled brats it wasn't all about the candy. We had family meals and laughed and played. I always loved hearing their stories about the good 'ole days.

So here's to my grandparents today, and everyday. For the lifelong lessons and memories they created. I love them! And I love their wedding snapshots...so simple and happy.






3 comments:

  1. My dear you are definately not shallow. I love coming here and seeing the world through your eyes. I'm one proud Mama! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photos! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I love the photos! How great! I was very fortunate to know all four of my grandparents, too. It's such a blessing to know where you come from - and get spoiled by them!
    Cheers to grandparents!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin