I ended up buying waaaaay too much meat for only 2 people that ended up eating it! Come to think of it, that's EXACTLY the way my mom and grandmother cook....for an army!
I bought 2 small pork loins, (because one didn't look like enough.) But they seemed to get bigger when I took them out of their package. I washed and patted the meat dry. Then seasoned with just about any and everything I had on hand...but mainly Lawry's seasoning, lemon pepper, and freshly ground pepper. I put the meat in a browning bag. (They make all different sizes, and have directions for how long to cook the meat.) Then I cut a few lemons and squeezed the juice all over the meat. I followed the cooking instructions from the browning bag, and a few hours later had deliciously tender pork loin!
To transform it into barbecue- you simply shred the meat into little pieces (it falls apart easily), and then cook with your favorite sauce. Both were delicious! (I don't have pictures of the BBQ. The bf did it when I wasn't around, and he's still getting used to the whole taking-pictures-of-food-for-the-blog thing.)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't be shy! Leave a comment!