The Help- I blogged about it here. It's still one of the best books I've ever read. The movie version should be interesting!
It Ain't All About the Cooking- Paula Deen's autobiography made me like the Queen of Southern Cuisine even more.
The Fixer Upper by Mary Kay Andrews- as a light southern chick-lit kind of read. It's about a girl in her twenties that moves from DC to a small town in Georgia. I know, sounds way too familiar of a story. But I still liked it.

Mountains Beyond Mountains, by Pulitzer Prize winner, Tracy Kidder
Something Borrowed is part of a 2-book series by Emily Griffin and a definitely classified as chick-lit. I read and liked the other book in the series, Something Blue a few years ago, but never got around to reading Something Borrowed. It's a story told by two different friend's perspective. The movie has already been filmed and stars Kate Hudson, Ginnifer Goodwin and John Krasinki. The release date is scheduled for May and I hope to read the book by then!
The Lee Bros Simple Fresh Southern cookbook. Yes, it's a cookbook but the Lee Bros. take time to explain each dish and southern tradition in detail, so I read it like a book first!

I always love any other reading suggestions that you may have!




No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't be shy! Leave a comment!