Favorite Single Meal

There are times like my last post, The Tale of the Mailbox Lizards, that I hate being single. It would be easier to be able to leave the reptile trapping up to someone else. But there are other times that I get to enjoy my "secret single behavior." In one episode of Sex and the City, the girl's "secret single behavior" is exposed. Miranda liked to watch infomercials while lathering her hands in Vaseline, Charlotte stares at her pores in a magnifying mirror, and Carrie eats stacks of saltines with grape jelly while standing in her kitchen reading the latest issue of Vogue.




I recently had a conversation with a married friend that she sometimes misses her "single dinners." She would eat veggie chicken nuggets, frozen veggies, and mac and cheese. My own favorite single meal is really simple: plain noodles with olive oil, salt/pepper, and basil. Sometimes I add other spices, cheese, spinach, or tomatoes if I'm in the mood. But other times, it's just the olive oil and salt and pepper. It's so easy and hits the spot every time.





I know I'm not alone in my secret single behavior...I found a few articles on the same subject!

And here are some other single eating ideas on Stone Soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave a comment!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin