I helped my mom decorate last week, and it was amazing how she can remember where almost every single ornament came from- a child in her children's choir from years ago, a gift from a friend the year she was diagnosed with breast cancer, and so on. There are soooooooo many ornaments on her tree. It's so colorful and meaningful...
There's the handmade Santa and reindeer paper garland my mom cut out herself years ago....paper doll style. You may wonder how delicate paper like that has survived. She carefully folds it and wraps it in tissue paper every year.
There are some other handmade ornaments by my mom....
Others by us when we were kids.....
And of course our "Baby's First Christmas" ornaments....
Quite frankly, I can't remember a Christmas tree at her house without the toy soldier, red and gingham bows, and candy apples on it!
This old Santa was a special gift to my mom when she was a child. She was at a Christmas party with my grandparents when she was about 3 years old. All of the other girls got dress up high heels, and my mom couldn't wear them because she had some feet problems and had to wear corrective shoes. The host of the party saw my mom's dissapointment and ended up giving my mom this Santa instead. It's been a part of every Christmas since!
And then there's a second tree that has only gold and white ornaments. It's always so pretty!
The nativity scene that my stepdad's mother hand painted....
Her simple display of angels....
Hmmmm, something is definitely missing. Ah, yes...my mom's real life angels! Pictures she had made of my sister and I when we were younger....
And I guess that's what this time of year is about for me....memories, traditions, and family.
LOVE all your Christmas decor! Isn't this time of the year so enchanting? I;m offically back into the blogging world and have some serious catching up to so! I hope you are doing well!
ReplyDelete