...was restful, lazy, and rejuvenating! I was fighting off a cold of some sort and took it very easy.



A dreamy southern porch...


I loved this wintry kitchen window...


Saturday morning, the rain held off long enough for my mom, sister, and I to go on the Homes for the Holidays Tour in my hometown. It's the first year I've been able to go. It's always fun looking at other people's houses, but overall this year was quite underwhelming. The houses were historic and beautiful, but the actual Christmas decorations were surprisingly sparse.
How awesome is this outside fireplace at one of the first houses we toured? I mean, couldn't they have slapped a wreath on this thing or something?
One house stood out as our favorite by far...
Loved the mailbox. I wonder if it's free of lizards?
A dreamy southern porch...
There were SO many fireplaces in this house. This was in the front den. It's hard to see, but they had pretty candlesticks with a simple silver balls sitting on top...
I loved this wintry kitchen window...
Yet another fireplace in the dinning room...
I also loved the collection of Santa's and the antique Christmas card garland....
And if all of that weren't enough to seal the deal as my favorite house of the day, there was an ENTIRE room with a Braves theme! Pendants, signed baseballs and photos displayed proudly....
Even the pool table was getting its Tomahawk on...
And finally for the weekend wrap-up, my favorite quote was from my mom while we were out eating breakfast:
"I'm surprised this didn't come with fatback. That's what they usually use as garnish here."
No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't be shy! Leave a comment!